The California Consumer Privacy Act, which was amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (together “CCPA”), requires that ON24 provide notice to candidates residing in California about the categories of personal information that ON24 collects, uses, and retains and the purposes for which ON24 may use that information. “Candidates” include any person residing in California who has submitted a job application to ON24 or who is being considered for employment at ON24.
ON24 does not sell or share Candidate personal information or Candidate sensitive personal information.
Categories of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information
The categories of personal information ON24 may collect and process before your employment, include but are not limited to:
- All information contained on your job application and resume.
- All information provided by your references.
- Information from publicly available sources, such as social media profiles, job board websites, etc.
- Information provided by employment agencies or recruiters.
- Biographical information, such as name, gender, date of birth, professional history, references, language proficiencies, professional skills and qualifications, educational background, biographical information in any of ON24’s marketing materials, and your photographs.
- Self-identifying information, which will always be provided on a voluntary basis, including race, ethnicity, gender, condition, citizenship, veteran or military status and other protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Contact information, including work and home address, telephone number(s), email address(es), and social media handles.
- Government issued identification information, including social security number, driver’s license, passport number or other similar information.
- Personal information categories listed in the California’s records destruction law (Cal. Civ. Code§ 1798.80(e), which additionally includes signature, physical characteristic or description, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, or financial account information.
- Immigration status, including information related to your employment eligibility in the United States.
- Information necessary to complete background checks and drug and/or alcohol tests. We may inquire into any criminal records only where and as permitted by law.
- All information you chose to communicate using ON24 systems, including email, voicemail, and other means of electronic communications that involve use of ON24 property.
- Information about your access to offices and facilities, including but not limited to security camera footage.
- Other information you provide to ON24, including feedback or survey responses.
Purposes for which Candidate Personal Information Is Used
As permitted by law, ON24 may use the categories of personal information and sensitive personal information above for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or evaluate the possibility of fulfilling the purpose for which you provided the information and to be able to contact you.
- Workforce management. Managing work activities and personnel, including but not limited to:
- recruiting interviewing and evaluating job applicants and employees;
- performing background checks;
- complying with immigration laws;
- improving recruitment processes, including improving diversity;
- determining compensation;
- determining employee benefits;
- complying with worker safety and security requirements;
- conducting surveys and collecting Candidate feedback;
- accommodating individuals with disabilities and/or health conditions;
- providing information technology resources and support;
- communicating with you;
- otherwise administering employment relationship;
- analyzing ON24’s workforce.
- Business Operations. Operating and managing ON24’s business, including but not limited to:
- managing communications and IT systems;
- research, development and operation;
- provision of products and services;
- managing and allocating ON24 assets and personnel;
- strategic planning and project management;
- business continuity;
- maintenance of business and audit records;
- budgeting, financial management and reporting;
- internal communications;
- marketing and business promotion;
- physical and information security;
- evaluating and undergoing structural organizational changes such as mergers or re-organizations.
- Complying with legal requirements and ON24 policies, including but not limited to:
- recordkeeping requirements;
- verifying identity and eligibility to work;
- meeting equal employment opportunities monitoring requirements;
- complying with lawful requests and legal process, such as responding to subpoenas, discovery requests, or requests from government authorities;
- protecting rights of ON24 and its employees;
- providing a secure and safe working environment;
- investigating complaints;
- investigating and deterring against fraudulent, unethical or illegal activity or conduct in violation of ON24 policy;
- pursuing legal rights and remedies, including investigating, making and defending complaints or legal claims;
- enforcing ON24 policy;
- sharing information with government authorities, law enforcement, courts or private parties for the foregoing purposes;
- Monitoring offices and facilities, IT and communications systems, devices, equipment and application through manual review and automated tools such as security software, website and spam filtering, and security monitoring of physical premises to provide an efficient, safe and secure working environment and to protect ON24’s rights and property, including intellectual property and confidential information.
- ON24 may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data to use and share to analyze ON24’s workforce and business and for other lawful business purposes.
Sharing of Candidate Personal Information
ON24 may share your personal information with other parties as necessary for the purposes described above. For example, without limitation, ON24 may share your personal information with:
- Corporate affiliates for purposes consistent with those outlined above or to operate a shared infrastructure, systems or technology;
- Service providers retained by ON24, such as administrators of payroll, compensation, benefits, human resources, performance management, training, IT systems and support, information and physical security, background checks and other screenings, accountants, lawyers, trade associations, and any necessary third party administrators, nominees, registrars or trustees appointed in connection with benefits plans or programs;
- Government authorities, law enforcement, courts and others as described in the compliance section above;
- Parties to transactions and potential transactions whereby ON24 contemplates sale, transfer, or sharing some or all of ON24’s business or assets, including your personal information, such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution, however the personal information shared in these scenarios will be subject to confidentiality obligations;
Right to Know, Delete, Correct, and the Right to Non-discrimination
As an Candidate, you have the right to know what personal information ON24 has collected about you, the right to delete personal information ON24 has collected about you, and the right to request correction of inaccurate personal information ON24 maintains about you, and the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA listed below:
- Right to Know: The right to know includes the ability to request the following:
- Specific ítems of personal information ON24 has collected about you;
- Categories of personal information ON24 has collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Categories of personal information ON24 discloses fro a business purpose;
- The bussiness or comercial purpose for collecting personal information.
- Right to Delete: If ON24 complies with your request to delete, ON24 must permanently and completely erase your personal information from its existing systems. ON24 is not required to do so with respect to archived or back-up systems; deidentified personal information; or when aggregating Candidate information.
- Right to Correct: If ON24 complies with your request to correct, ON24 shall correct the personal information at issue on its existing systems and implement measures to ensure that the information remains corrected.
- Right to Non-discrimination: As an Candidate, you have the right not to be subject to discriminatory treatment for exercisnig any of your rights under the CCPA.
- ON24 is not responsible for the practices of any third parties, which have their own rules on how they collect and use personal information. It is your responsibility to ensure that information you share with ON24 does not violate any third party’s rights. Please keep your personal information on file with ON24 up to date and inform us of any changes to it.
Submitting Verifiable Requests
Requests to Know, Requests to Delete, and Requests to Correct may be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you submit a request to know, a request to delete, or a request to correct, we will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. In some cases, we may request additional information in order to verify your request or where necessary to process your request. If we are unable to adequately verify a request, we will notify the requestor. Authorized agents may initiate a request on behalf of another individual by contacting us at the email address set forth above; authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization and we may also require that the relevant consumer directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent.
Changes to This Notice
ON24 may occasionally update this notice to reflect changes as required by law, ON24 practices or procedures. If we make material changes to the notice, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding for changes as may be required by law.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding ON24’s compliance with this notice, you may email email@example.com.