ON24 Announces ‘One Widget, Any Platform’ Strategy; App Widgets Increase
Virtual Environment Interactivity, Engagement
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – July 20, 2011 – ON24, Inc., the global leader in webcasting and virtual event solutions, today announced a new widget architecture for the ON24 platform and a unique set of application widgets that increase interactivity and engagement in ON24 solutions. With its “One Widget, Any Platform” architecture strategy, ON24 can develop one widget and make it available on any of its Flash solutions, including ON24’s Webcasting Platform 10, Virtual Show and Virtual Briefing Center.
“The patented ON24 Widget Architecture not only allows ON24 to accelerate the delivery of new functionality, it also enables third-party developers to create and add their own Flash applications to the ON24 platform,” explained Tom Masotto, ON24’s Vice President of Product Management. He added that over 50 widgets are currently available for ON24 solutions.
One new widget allows Yammer feeds to be integrated into an ON24 webcast. Yammer is a leading provider of secure enterprise social networks for business collaboration. With the ON24 widget built for Yammer, employees can retrieve their Yammer feeds and display them within ON24’s applications. “We are excited that ON24 has leveraged Yammer’s open API to improve the interactivity and collaboration around online events,” said David Stewart, vice president of Product Management. “For example, in an ON24 town hall meeting webcast with an executive presenting to employees, they can use the widget to discuss the presentation with each other, brainstorm ideas and provide real-time feedback.”
Other new widgets that are now available include the following:
- Breakout Session—Designed for lead generation applications, the Breakout Session widget allows ON24 customers to “guide” their attendees from a general webcast to more specific follow-on sessions. A breakout session can be any type of live interaction, including a webcast, web conference, group chat or moderated Q&A, or on-demand content, such as a pre-recorded webcast, video or white paper.
- Idea—The Idea widget is designed for applications where brainstorming, feedback or focus group functionality is desired. The Idea widget allows clients to ask for ideas or pose questions, and attendees can then:
- Post their ideas or responses
- Comment on ideas from other attendees
- Collectively rank the ideas and comments
- LinkedIn—Designed for lead generation and business collaboration applications, the LinkedIn widget enables attendees to retrieve their LinkedIn feeds and display them within ON24’s applications. With the LinkedIn widget, attendees can share messages, add comments and invite people to join their business networks.
- Facebook—Also designed for lead generation applications, the Facebook widget enables attendees to view their activity feed and share messages with their Facebook friends from ON24’s applications.
The ON24 Widget Architecture enables more comprehensive reporting and analytics on both an individual and summary level. Not only can the usage of a widget be tracked, but the architecture also allows activities within the widgets – such as who posted a message to Facebook, for example – to be recorded as well. This next generation of reporting and analytics provides ON24 clients with an unmatched level of attendee data and event intelligence.
For more information on ON24’s solutions and the ON24 Widget Architecture, call 1–877-202‑9599.
About ON24, Inc.
The recognized global market share leader, ON24 provides webcasting and virtual environments for corporate communications and demand generation. The ON24 platform is a complete Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud offering; no deployment resources or audience downloads are required. ON24 offers fully integrated, enterprise-wide solutions for applications ranging from partner expos, user conferences and trade shows to training and company town hall meetings. More than 750 organizations, including IBM, Cisco, CA Technologies, Merck, AstraZeneca, Fiserv, Credit Suisse, GE and Oracle, rely on ON24. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices throughout the world. For more information, visit www.ON24.com.