Online Event Showcases Virtual Leadership Development
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – October 16, 2013 – ON24, the global leader in webcasting and virtual communication solutions, today announced the Virtual Learning Edge, Leadership Development Edition, a half-day virtual event scheduled for Thursday, October 17, 2013, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Pacific time / 12:00 p.m. Eastern time. The ON24 Virtual Learning Edge, Leadership Development Edition, will showcase the latest in virtual leadership training programs, tools and techniques – as well as content from industry thought leaders describing leadership development trends.
The Virtual Learning Edge, Leadership Development Edition, will feature, in a representative virtual environment, a line-up of subject matter experts, including:
- Ken Taylor, COO of Training Industry – presenting the results of Training Industry’s new report examining the use of virtual environments in leadership training and development
- Josephine Stacey, Director, Leadership Curriculum from Johnson & Johnson, and Susan Gray, Senior OD Consultant and Solutions Architect from Impact USA – exploring why and how a virtual learning environment was used to meet leadership development needs for both first-line and executive Johnson & Johnson leadership
- Tom Masotto, Vice President of Product Management at ON24 – discussing best practices in establishing and maintaining virtual leadership programs, as well as guidance on how to provide instant access to leadership training, coursework and mentoring to employees spread across the globe via virtual communications
In addition to presentations, ON24 will offer a variety of downloadable content, such as presentations, demonstrations and guides on virtual leadership development. Following the October 17 event, ON24 will maintain the Virtual Learning Edge, Leadership Development Edition, as a perpetual learning environment, so that users can come back and revisit the content and obtain materials as desired.
“Research data tells us that managers and HR professionals now face the challenge of offering training and leadership and career development information to employees across multiple geographies,” commented ON24 Chief Marketing Officer Denise Persson. “As such, it is essential that management teams respond by delivering leading-edge professional and leadership development programs to employees, no matter where they are – and the Virtual Learning Edge will provide organizations with the essential tools and knowledge to help them address this emerging need.”
More Details on the Virtual Learning Edge, Leadership Development Edition
- When: Thursday, October 17, 2013, at 9:00 am PT / 12:00 pm ET
- Environment opens: 8:45 am PT | 11:45 am ET
- Where: In the ON24 virtual learning environment – register at https://bit.ly/19O0FLS
- Duration: Half-day virtual conference
- Cost: Free (registration required)
- Twitter Hashtag: #ON24VLE
Virtual Leadership and the Rise of the Virtual Workplace
As reflected in a new survey and report from ON24 and the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), virtual teams and a far-flung global workforce are frequently becoming the norm for corporations, with 99 percent of organizations having remote or virtual employees – making leadership for geographically dispersed teams a bigger issue than ever. Some 88 percent of companies say that the virtual workplace requires additional leadership effort, yet only 70 percent of organizations offer training on leading a remote staff.
The rise of the virtual workplace, virtual leadership development, training for virtual leaders and broader virtual leadership trends are also examined in the report, entitled “Virtual Leadership: Going the Distance to Manage Your Teams.” Download an infopaper that summarizes the report, or order the full report from the ASTD website at store.astd.org.
About ON24, Inc.
ON24, the virtual communications platform for the global enterprise, provides interactive, impactful cloud-based solutions that drive outstanding results. ON24 offers a broad and innovative product portfolio, including webcasting, virtual events and virtual environments, accessible from any device and supported by robust reporting and analytics. Applications for the ON24 platform include demand generation, partner enablement, virtual talent onboarding and development, product launches, company town hall meetings and user conferences. More than 800 organizations, including IBM, CA Technologies, Merck, Unilever, JPMorgan Chase, Deloitte, Credit Suisse, Ernst & Young, Amazon and SAP, rely on ON24. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices throughout the world. For more information, visit https://www.ON24.com.