SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — March 19, 2013 — ON24, Inc., the global leader in webcasting and virtual environment solutions, today announced the “Virtual Learning Edge, Social Learning Edition,” a half-day virtual event scheduled for Wednesday, March 27, 2013, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Pacific time / 11:30 a.m. Eastern time. The virtual conference will provide strategies and best practices for delivering a social learning experience and feature a compelling lineup of speakers and valuable content designed for corporate trainers and talent managers.
Effective corporate training and talent management require a social learning strategy that engages employees and enables a high level of interaction to increase learning outcomes. “While training gives employees solutions to problems already solved, social learning can address challenges no one has overcome before. In this fast-paced world, we need new approaches, practices and solutions,” says Marcia Conner, co-author of The New Social Learning, principal of SensifyGroup and keynote speaker for this event.
The Virtual Learning Edge, Social Learning Edition, will be hosted in an ON24-powered virtual learning environment that visitors can explore themselves. This ability to see the environment firsthand will give training professionals practical experience with social learning that they can apply in their own organizations.
The virtual environment will feature several social learning thought leaders, including:
- The keynote from Marcia Conner – exploring social learning myths and how to address them; characteristics, skills and behaviors of today’s social leaders, illustrating the value of social learning; types of social tools that facilitate extraordinary learning; and how companies can craft a socially-enabled learning strategy.
- A presentation from Tom Masotto, ON24 Vice President of Product Management – discussing how virtual learning environments can be used to create interactive employee networks; connect novices with coaches and mentors; foster greater interaction with subject matter experts; and share knowledge through communities of practice.
- A presentation from social learning consultant Liza Taylor, MSOD, Principal and Founder of Change Consulting – discussing “Selling Social Learning: the Business Case for 2013,” providing insights into the value and ultimate ROI of social learning strategies.
In addition to the presentations and actual virtual learning environment, ON24 will offer demonstrations of virtual social learning tools and downloadable content that includes research reports and instructional/content guides covering virtual learning solutions. Following the March 27 event, ON24 will maintain the Virtual Learning Edge as a perpetual learning environment, so that attendees can come back and revisit the content as desired and those unable to attend the live day can access the content at their convenience.
“The social learning edition of the Virtual Learning Edge demonstrates ON24’s continued dedication to virtual talent management and its continued growth through social channels,” said ON24 Chief Marketing Officer Denise Persson. “This is a ‘must-attend’ event for learning and development professionals – not only does our world-class speaker lineup represent the latest thinking in the social learning sphere, but the opportunity for visitors to experience social learning during the event itself means they can truly engage with the concept and obtain information that will enable them to quickly implement social learning in their own organizations.”
About the Virtual Learning Edge, Social Learning Edition:
- When: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at 8:30 a.m. PT / 11:30 a.m. ET
- Keynote starts: 9:00 a.m. PT | 12:00 p.m. ET
- Where: in the ON24 virtual learning environment
- Duration: Half-day virtual conference
- Cost: Free (registration required)
- Twitter hashtag: #ON24VLE
About ON24, Inc.
ON24, the virtual communications platform for the global enterprise, provides interactive, impactful cloud-based solutions that drive outstanding results. ON24 offers a broad and innovative product portfolio, including webcasting, virtual events and virtual environments, accessible from any device and supported by robust reporting and analytics. Applications for the ON24 platform include demand generation, partner enablement, talent management, product launches, company town hall meetings and user conferences. More than 800 organizations, including IBM, CA Technologies, Merck, Unilever, JPMorgan Chase, Deloitte, Credit Suisse, Ernst & Young, Amazon and SAP, rely on ON24. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices throughout the world. For more information, visit https://www.ON24.com.