Make a New Year’s Resolution to ‘Rock the Webinar’ in 2013
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.— December 26, 2012—Each year, ON24 supports tens of thousands of webinars for companies all around the world. For its final 2012 webcast earlier this month, the company presented examples that highlight just how powerful webinars can truly be. The webcast, “Rock the Webinar,” featured successful 2012 customer webinars and a review of the key elements that made them stand out.
Here is a listing of the webcast’s “top ten” insights:
1) Great webinars serve the needs of both the audience and the hosts.
2) They have consoles that are well designed, with strong branding and clear messaging.
3) Integration with marketing automation solutions is provided, enhancing the effectiveness and value of analytics and leads.
4) Producers of great webinars provide the relevant content in which attendees
are most interested.
5) They offer high-level social media—such as Chatter, Twitter and LinkedIn—integration.
6) One benefit of these webinars is the ability to provide access to multiple subject matter experts participating from multiple locations.
7) To increase engagement, the best webinars take full advantage of a variety of interactivity options, including polls, social media and Q&A.
8) They illustrate the many ways to incorporate video, such as animated video clips and/or video clips integrated with slides.
9) Great webinars are also offered on demand; on-demand access significantly increases reach and the number of attendees.
10) Although certainly not required, studio “trickery” such as using a green screen recording is an option that can result in a cohesive presentation with a live look and feel.
“Rock the Webinar” (#RockTheWebinar) is now available on demand: http://bit.ly/1byfUaq
About ON24, Inc.
ON24, the virtual communications platform for the global enterprise, provides interactive, impactful cloud-based solutions that drive outstanding results. ON24 offers a broad and innovative product portfolio, including webcasting, virtual events and virtual environments, accessible from any device and supported by robust reporting and analytics. Applications for the ON24 platform include demand generation, partner enablement, training, product launches, company town hall meetings and user conferences. More than 700 organizations, including IBM, CA Technologies, Merck, Unilever, JPMorgan Chase, Deloitte, Credit Suisse, Ernst & Young, Amazon and New York Life, rely on ON24. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices throughout the world. For more information, visit http://www.ON24.com.