Leader in Virtual Talent Development to Showcase Best Practices for New-Hire Onboarding
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — June 24, 2013 — ON24, Inc., the global leader in webcasting and virtual communication solutions, today announced the “Virtual Learning Edge, Onboarding Edition,” a half-day virtual event scheduled for Wednesday, June 26, 2013, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Pacific time/11:30 a.m. Eastern time. This online conference will illustrate how virtual onboarding can increase the effectiveness of new-hire orientation and training programs, with presentations from learning experts and a virtual learning environment that attendees can experience for themselves.
The fastest growing talent development application, virtual talent onboarding offers opportunities for social interactions and learning and development, supported by virtual learning environments and online collaboration tools to effectively reach geographically dispersed employees. It has become a mission-critical part of the employee development lifecycle, helping new hires become smarter and more productive employees in a shorter period of time.
The Virtual Learning Edge event will be localized in Spanish, illustrating how a virtual environment can be offered in different languages to better serve global workforces. It will feature a line-up of expert speakers and valuable content:
- A keynote from Dr. Katherine Jones, Senior Manager and Lead Analyst at Bersin by Deloitte, “The Business Benefits of Virtual Onboarding” – Research shows that nearly 25 percent of all newly-hired workers leave their company within the first year, with each lost employee costing an average of $10,731. Jones will explain what companies should do to ensure that new employees become involved and engaged and how to quickly make them feel like part of the team, placing them on the road to productivity.
- A presentation from Claire Schooley, Senior Analyst at Forrester Research, “The New Hire Onboarding Process: Make It Work For You” – providing guidance on the essential components of an effective onboarding process and how to make an employee’s early weeks at a new organization successful. Schooley will talk about the most effective ways to ensure that new hires succeed during the critical first few months of employment, in order to drive long-term retention and productivity.
- A presentation from Tom Masotto, Vice President of Product Management at ON24, “Enabling the ‘Virtual’ in Virtual Onboarding” – demonstrating how virtual onboarding environments can quickly acclimate geographically dispersed new hires. Masotto will explain how virtual onboarding environments can be used to train new hires at a significantly lower cost, more effectively assimilate new employees into a corporate culture and tailor communication to multiple generations, as well as to provide ongoing training, networking, coaching and mentorship.
In addition, ON24, Bersin by Deloitte and Forrester Research will offer a variety of downloadable content, including research reports and instructional/content guides covering virtual talent onboarding solutions. Following the June 26 event, ON24 will maintain the Virtual Learning Edge, Onboarding Edition, as a perpetual learning environment, so that users can come back and revisit the content as desired.
“An effective employee onboarding process is central to long-term productivity and morale, especially as organizations face the challenge of delivering consistent training to different generations, in multiple languages and locations,” commented ON24 Chief Marketing Officer Denise Persson. “The Virtual Learning Edge, Onboarding Edition, will show companies exactly how leading-edge onboarding platforms and techniques will help them ensure that new employees absorb corporate culture and quickly get what they need to succeed – making them more productive while improving retention and supporting the employee development lifecycle.”
More details on the Virtual Learning Edge, Onboarding Edition:
- When: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, at 8:30 am PT / 11:30 am ET
- Keynote starts: 9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
- Where: in the ON24 Virtual Learning Environment – register at: http://communication.on24.com/virtual-learning-edge-onboarding
- Duration: Half-day virtual conference
- Cost: Free (registration required)
- Twitter hashtag: #ON24VLE
About ON24, Inc.
ON24, the virtual communications platform for the global enterprise, provides interactive, impactful cloud-based solutions that drive outstanding results. ON24 offers a broad and innovative product portfolio, including webcasting, virtual events and virtual environments, accessible from any device and supported by robust reporting and analytics. Applications for the ON24 platform include demand generation, partner enablement, virtual talent onboarding and development, product launches, company town hall meetings and user conferences. More than 800 organizations, including IBM, CA Technologies, Merck, Unilever, JPMorgan Chase, Deloitte, Credit Suisse, Ernst & Young, Amazon and SAP, rely on ON24. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices throughout the world. For more information, visit http://www.ON24.com.