Changing mindsets about fitness
Equinox, the upscale fitness and high-performance lifestyle leader, is not your ordinary fitness club. The company has taken a more holistic, well-rounded approach to fitness, which is reflected in their tagline: “It’s not fitness. It’s life.”
The Equinox Fitness Training Institute (EFTI) emphasis on achieving a high-performance lifestyle included an initiative to connect with medical, rehabilitative and other healthcare industry professionals in the spirit of proactive healthcare.
The EFTI team used its premier educational event in 2014 to launch its new tri-pillar approach to wellness, “Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration,” and turned to ON24 webcasting and content gateway technologies to maximize the event’s reach to employees, industry professionals and members around the country.
Taking a successful physical event to the online world
In 2013, EFTI held a one-day educational symposium in New York City, a multi-speaker event featuring numerous topics across the spectrum of holistic fitness and healthcare.
For its 2014 event, the team had more ambitious goals. They wanted to deliver a more comprehensive and inclusive educational event that would reach a greater number of attendees.
Knowing that much of the desired audiences in smaller markets would not be able to travel to New York City for the two-day event, the EFTI team decided to offer an online component to complement the physical symposium. The team needed a reliable and engaging technology platform that could also match the Equinox branding and visual identity of the physical event.
Betting on, and winning with, the ON24 Video
ON24 was an existing technology provider to the Equinox Human Resources department. The EFTI team was impressed with the ON24 platform’s rich-media and design capabilities and the ability to reliably stream live conferences.
After sharing their plans with the ON24 team, EFTI implemented the ON24 Video Content Gateway. The EFTI team was impressed with the ON24 Video Content Gateway’s ability to both run and house 25 symposium webinar presentations in a single online location.
- One destination for live and on-demand online presentations. Throughout the two days, online attendees were able to watch webcasts live on their computers, tablets or mobile devices and then return to the same online location to view on demand any symposium presentations that they missed or wanted to view again.
- Branding and customization flexibility. Multiple layout features and options gave the EFTI team the ability to create a compelling and eye-catching online gateway that captured the essence of the Equinox corporate identity and brand appeal.
- Time-saving single sign-on. Attendees needed to register on the gateway just once to view every presentation in the symposium’s two-day event library, both live and on demand.
Growing audiences, extending educational reach
The High Performance Living Symposium met EFTI’s ambitious goals.
- Extended audience reach by 65%. The 325 unique online attendees complemented the physical audience of 500. By offering the virtual component, every person who viewed the event online was one more attendee than the physical location could hold.
- Delivered positive ROI. With a fixed-cost gateway, the greater the number of online attendees, the lower the cost per head. The EFTI team also leveraged additional revenue opportunities with:
- Online access as an alternative when the physical event sold out.
- An on-demand upsell opportunity; 75 of the physical attendees paid an additional fee to access symposium presentations they missed and revisit those of interest.
- Provided exceptional attendee experiences. Online attendees enjoyed a comprehensive, proactive health education experience, with scientific content delivered on an ultra-modern-looking platform
EFTI’s inaugural hybrid physical/online event was a success. With this experience and a more complete understanding of the ON24 Video’s capabilities, the team is setting even loftier goals for the 2016 symposium.
“We were able to expand our reach beyond the physical event in New York City by having the online component. With 325 unique online registrants, we increased our audience by 65%. We expect to repeat and expand on this success even further with our 2016 event.”— Beth Giersch Senior Manager, EFTI Equinox Fitness Training Institute