Product Line Addition Makes ON24 the One-Stop Shop for Virtual Conference Solutions
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – May 5, 2011 – ON24, Inc., the global leader in webcasting and virtual event solutions, announced today the launch of the ON24 Event Portal, a searchable online directory that extends the ROI of physical conferences by making captured session content available for lead generation, partner enablement, sales training and other business applications.
“With the Event Portal solution, the managers of in-person conferences can extend the reach of their valuable content,” said ON24 Vice President of Product Management Tom Masotto. “The Event Portal is an ideal complement to our Platform 10 webcasting solution, the virtual equivalent of keynote and session presentations, and ON24 Virtual Show, which is frequently used to broaden the reach of physical conferences. The Event Portal is a natural extension for us, given our leadership in webcasting and virtual events.”
ON24’s Event Portal allows recorded conference sessions to be used for other revenue-generating or cost-savings programs, extending the value of the conference content. “User conferences, trade shows and sales kickoffs play an important role in training, networking and information sharing,” explained Masotto. “Face-to-face conferences, however, are significant investments for many companies. With the ON24 Event Portal, organizations can more fully leverage that investment.”
“ON24 has developed the equivalent of a virtual version of a live, in-person event, creating a virtual attendee experience,” said Ira Weinstein, Analyst and Partner, Wainhouse Research. “It is a concept that makes sense – ON24 is, in effect, ‘long tailing’ brick-and-mortar events.”
About the ON24 On-Demand Event Portal
ON24’s Event Portal provides a number of benefits throughout the enterprise. With the Event Portal, conference sessions become a reusable corporate asset. For example, content captured in live conference sessions can be more fully utilized for demand generation, marketing and other revenue-generating programs. The Event Portal also improves sales productivity by making product information easily accessible and enhances partner communication by providing the same product collateral and ongoing support that is available to direct employees.
ON24 Event Portal highlights include:
- Online Directory: The ON24 Event Portal can include hundreds of archived conference sessions that can be viewed via keyword search, sorted using category filters or simply browsed.
- Mobile Access: The ON24 Event Portal and its webcast content can be viewed on mobile devices, including Apple and Android phones and tablets.
- Keyword Search: Viewers can use keyword search to identify a webcast – or section of a webcast – that interests them. The search process looks for keywords in the webcast title, summary, slide content, slide notes and transcript (if created). Clicking on search results in the slide content, notes or transcript takes the user to the associated section of the webcast.
- Content Management System: Using the Event Portal’s self-service content management system, portal content managers can set up, describe, feature and categorize webcasts in the Event Portal. They can also add, update, edit and delete webcasts on an ongoing basis.
- Online Reporting: With the ON24 Event Portal, conference organizers get detailed reporting on user activity and interests. The online reporting system includes summary statistics and details about attendee viewing behavior.
For more information on the benefits of the ON24 Event Portal, visit http://on24.staging.wpengine.com/products/event-portal/. For pricing information, call 1–877-202‑9599.
About ON24, Inc.
The recognized global market share leader, ON24 provides webcasting and virtual environments for corporate communications and demand generation. The ON24 platform is a complete Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud offering; no deployment resources or audience downloads are required. ON24 offers fully integrated, enterprise-wide solutions for applications ranging from partner expos, user conferences and trade shows to training, sales enablement and company town hall meetings. More than 750 organizations, including IBM, Cisco, CA Technologies, Merck, AstraZeneca, Fiserv, Credit Suisse, GE and Oracle, rely on ON24. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices throughout the world. For more information, visit www.ON24.com.