Increase in event attendance
Increase in sales conversion
Product: ON24 Webcast Elite
Use Cases: Customer & Product Marketing
Squarespace is the all-in-one platform with everything to sell anything, providing customers in approximately 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to sell physical products, digital content, classes, appointments, reservations and more.
Squarespace Circle is a community of professional Squarespace users who build agencies and small businesses through Squarespace websites.
As a Community Manager for the Squarespace Circle team, Sam Z’s main goal is to drive customer retention by helping the company’s 25,000 active Circle members get the most out of the Squarespace platform.
To achieve this, he and his team delivers educational webinars and interactive virtual event sessions using the ON24 Platform to drive customer engagement and showcase products.
In the past, Squarespace measured the success of its customer events by monitoring its registration and attendance rates.
“That’s how a lot of people think about events,” said Sam, “because they don’t have time or bandwidth to go deeper.”
But Sam knew Squarespace could go deeper with its customer program. In fact, long before he joined the team, he experienced an event powered by the ON24 Platform as an attendee — and decided to revisit it as a program owner.
What stood out to Sam were the many interactive event elements ON24 provided as part of the overall experience.
“I wanted to use those features to go much deeper and start thinking about success in terms of engagement and the data behind the event.”
“We can get a sense of who our members are and what they’re struggling with so we can help them with ON24’s detailed first-party data.”
To create the best possible experience for Squarespace Circle Members, Sam relies on five core ON24 features:
1. Resource Center: Every ON24 webinar and event console includes an easy-to-access resource center so attendees can download content that pertains to their unique needs. By offering additional resources within each Circle member experience, Sam is able to track the specific interests of each Squarespace customer. Knowing what interests his audience helps him deliver more targeted follow-up messaging and upcoming event content that hits the mark.
2. Live Chat: There is no better way to get to know your customers than by interacting directly with them. Through ON24’s live chat feature, Sam can take the guesswork out of his approach and ask Squarespace Circle members what does and does not work for them. Even better, they come to him. Anytime an attendee has a question, all they have to do is submit it via chat. Then, two things happen: a Squarespace team member can answer respond to the question and Sam can capture detailed first-party data that helps “improve retention in the community and improve their overall experience.”
3. Polls: By running live polls throughout every digital experience he delivers, Sam can “get a sense of who our members are and what they’re struggling with, so we can help them.” Not only does it give audiences a chance to engage with the experience as it progresses, it helps Sam get direct answers on how attendees feel about the Circle member experience, Squarespace products and more. This also gives him a chance to pick up on unique and trending pain points, and address them head on either during or after the webinar.
4. Post-Event Surveys: By asking attendees to complete a short survey after each webinar, Sam can collect valuable feedback and use it to improve future events, inform upcoming event content and remove any friction that may be deterring attendees from engaging with the experience.
5. Analytics: Getting attendees to engage with the experience is one thing but turning all of that engagement into actionable insights is quite another. ON24 does the work for him by capturing every single interaction through ON24 Advanced Analytics and storing it in a Prospect Engagement Profile that makes it easy to get a 360-degree view of his customers.
Sam’s most recent community product marketing demo event attracted more than 1,000 attendees and resulted in doubling the typical product conversions.
Squarespace has doubled overall webinar and event attendance and Sam has a database full of first-party data to help him perfect the customer experience, showcase products more effectively and cultivate a strong customer community that has increased overall retention, conversions and attendance.
“Engagement has now become a core part of our customer advocacy programs, thanks to ON24.”
“We were able to more than double our sales conversions with our product marketing demos with interactive ON24 webinars.”