How IASA used ON24 Webcast Elite to provide e-learning alternatives
Supporting insurance professionals
IASA (the Insurance Accounting and Systems Association) is a leading association in the insurance industry. Their primary objective is to provide members with educational opportunities in the areas of insurance accounting, risk management and finance, career skills development, and technology.
IASA members cover a broad spectrum of insurance-related roles, from accountants just starting out in their careers to C-level insurance executives such as COOs and CFOs. The organization supports them with information on topics ranging from beginning accounting to insurance statutory accounting, career skills, information technology and an executive education program.
The e-learning team is dedicated to broadening the scope of IASA’s educational offerings by delivering a wide variety of insurance-related and career skills topics of interest to anyone in the insurance industry.
Education, coast to coast
Knowing that busy insurance professionals must often go outside their companies for further education to build a well-rounded career, the IASA e-learning team decided to grant CPE credit (continuing professional education credit) to their members online.
The challenge was finding a way to deliver e-learning that met CPE credit accreditation requirements and was available to members all across the country. Webinars seemed like a perfect fit.
The IASA e-learning team knew that their webinars had to be engaging and professional. But with a small staff and committee of volunteers, they were never going to have time to master a complicated webinar tool. When they evaluated all the available options, ON24 was the obvious choice.
Convenience and professionalism
Since they were not webinar experts, the IASA e-learning team was initially concerned that they would not be able to deliver a professional experience that would impress attendees and bring in more viewers. They quickly discovered that ON24 Webcast Elite gave them everything they needed to succeed:
- Easy access to events. Not everyone has the time or resources to attend every in-person conference that piques their interest. With ON24, IASA delivered webinars on a wide range of topics; anyone could attend conveniently from their desk and learn something of benefit to their company and career.
- In-event polling and surveys. With other webinar vendors, IASA had to rely on third-party tools for polling and surveys. ON24 made it possible to integrate those components into the live event.
- Comprehensive reporting. After a webinar, the e-learning team could log in to ON24 and get statistics on live attendees and on-demand viewers, including who participated in the polls, who took the survey, and all the criteria they needed to grant CPE credit.
Setting a new bar for success
Thanks to the results of their e-learning webinar series, the IASA e-learning committee is growing and trying things they had never thought of before. ON24 is much more user friendly than the solutions they used in the past, so attendees have a much more professional experience.
But IASA won’t stop there. These results are just the beginning:
- More events with less effort. In their first year with ON24, IASA set a goal of seven webinars. They were able to deliver 10 events — more than double their event count with the previous provider.
- Record-breaking attendance. Before switching to ON24, IASA’s webinar had a cap of 100 attendees. With that cap gone, they are delivering bigger events than ever, with over 60% of registrants attending the live event.
CPE credit. When the IASA e-learning team decided to grant CPE credit through their webinars, they thought they might be overreaching. Now they’re giving free CPE credit for all their member companies.